Friday, January 28, 2011

Greg Bishop - (Nothing But) Flowers


In this episode I'm joined by Greg Bishop for a discussion that starts out about psychics, and then veers off into a host of other areas, from spirituality and consciousness, to what kind of message we should be sending to extraterrestrials, to the David Jacobs / Emma Woods brouhaha (it won't be quite what you think), to how music and art are fundamental to understanding ourselves, to Henry Thoreau and John Lennon and Sigur Ros, to... well, a whole bunch of stuff. Interspersed throughout our ramblings are some songs that fit the tenor of what we're discussing, which is a first for any of my podcasts. All in all, its not an interview, but rather a conversation between two best friends about life, and how to live it... and maybe, just maybe, even UFOs.

Recorded in the early morning, 28 January, 2011.

Paul Kimball


P.S. Here is some of that great Dutch electronic music that Greg was talking about.




1 comment:

Ricky Poole said...

Excellent show. How people interpret reality and formulate a understanding of it that they can cope with is an art form I think. Some are better at it than others. Some folks just take another persons "reality" (think religion) and adopt it with little thought of what they are doing. I have certainly been guilty of that myself on more than one occasion and to a large extent I must admit I largely am still doing that. (btw - I was a big Lance Link fan myself as a kid)